scorio - version 3.4 (October May 2019)
- Polyphone Parts: Multiple voices within a single instrument
- Choir template for SATB on two staves SA + TB
- Cross staff voices and cross staff chords for piano/harp parts
scorio - version 3.3 (March May 2019)
- Using vector graphics for crisper score display on high resolution screens
- Zoom in/out of score display
- Pinch zoom on devices with touch screens
- Simultaneous support of touch and mouse input
- Supported devices now cover Macs/PCs/notebooks/tablets/smartphones/ChromeBooks/Linux
- Virtual keyboard (mouse piano) can be hidden
scorio - version 3.2 (March May 2018)
- Enhanced Privacy Protection through encrypting all communications traffic with SSL
scorio - version 3.1 (September 2018)
- Manual system- and page breaks
scorio - version 3.0 (March 2017)
- Audio playback with MIDIjs, working for all browsers
Innovative graphical all-notes-visible playback cursor
MIDI input, now working for all browsers (not yet: Firefox on Windows),
supporting Web MIDI API and/or Jazz-Plugin
Much more responsive editing after major hardware and software updates
scorio - version 2.2
- Complete redesign of web site
- New Reader app for iPad
- New subscription model scorio Unlimited
scorio - version 2.1
Enhancements Music Notator App:
- Layout adaptations for iPhone and Android smartphones
- User settings (including password) can be changed
- User screen name displayed above score list
- Deactivate save button after saving
- After displaying score return to search
scorio - version 2.0 (09.12.2013)
- New Music Notator App for iPad and Android tablets
- Improved error handling in note editor
- 10.1.2014: MIDI recording re-enabled for scorio Pro users
scorio - version 1.1.8 (05.04.2013)
- New MIDI functions using Jazz plugin
- Enter notes directly with MIDI keyboard, configurable via menu Tools/MIDI settings
- Enter notes rhythmically with MIDI keyboard via menu Tools/Record MIDI (scorio Pro)
- Import MIDI files via menu File/Import/MIDI (scorio Pro)
- Keyboard shortcuts to change the note duration in the toolbar: 1 = whole, 2 = half, 3 = 32nd, 4 = quarter, 6 = 16th, 8 = eighth, . = change dots, <space> = toggle between note and rest
- 24.04.2013 - Bugfix in scorio Notator App: Notes and rests are now again inserted at expected position.
scorio - version 1.1.7 (13.03.2013)
- Part names and abbreviations (menu File/Score/Instruments)
- Sound support for all General MIDI instruments (menu File/Score/Instruments)
- Change volume and mute individual parts (menu File/Score/Instruments)
- Support for transposing instruments (menu File/Score/Instruments)
- scorio Pro: Extract one or more parts from score (menu File/Score/Extract parts)
- Improved dialogs
scorio - version 1.1.6 (21.11.2012)
- Share your scores with friends or integrate them into web sites (menu File/Share)
- Jingle competition to find a scorio jingle
scorio - version 1.1.5 (15.10.2012)
- Time signature changes: select a bar line and choose a new time signature in the time signature toolbar menu
- Chord rests (N.C. for No Chord): select "no chord" as root in the Chord Dialog => N.C. will be displayed in the score
- Migration to new LilyPond version 2.16
scorio - version 1.1.4 (04.09.2012)
- Key signature change within a line (Select a note/rest/clef/barline => choose a new key signature in the key toolbar menu).
scorio - version 1.1.3 (01.03.2012)
- Copy and paste from one line (Select notes and rests => CTRL-C or menu/edit/copy => select target position by clicking a note or rest => CTRL-V or menu/edit/paste).
- Clef change within a line (Select a note/rest/clef => choose a new clef in the clef menu).
- MusicXML-Import: Disable submit button after submission.
scorio - version 1.1.2 (26.01.2012)
- Search for recent and your own published scores
- Browse scores by title
- Import supports MusicXML 3.0
- PDF/graphics conversion improvements
scorio - version 1.1.1 (06.12.2011)
- Change score structure: Add and remove instrumental parts and staves within a part
- MusicXML import and PDF/graphics conversion: Option to automatically create a distinct staff for each voice in a polyphonic input staff (useful for converting choir music written in piano staff notation into four-part notation).
scorio - version 1.1.0 (27.10.2011)
- scorio Pro account with many features:
- PDF and graphics file conversion (desktop/notebook, not on iPad)
- Score transposition
- Display chords as guitar symbols (frets)
- MIDI export (desktop/notebook, not on iPad)
- iPad Music Notator App adapted to iOS 5
- iPad Music Case extensions:
- Now supporting 128 MIDI instruments
- MIDI instrument can be selected separately for each voice
- Separate control and muting for each voice
- Instruments can be changed during playback
- Turn pages with AirTurn Wireless Page Turner
- AirPlay support via WIFI or Bluetooth
- Online help
scorio - version 1.0.11 (30.08.2011)
- Faster startup of editor
scorio - version 1.0.10 (20.07.2011)
- Enhancements for scorio Music Case
- Bugfix for login problems due to incorrect language settings
scorio - version 1.0.9 (06.06.2011)
scorio - version 1.0.8 (09.05.2011)
- Manual ties
- MusicXML export (desktop/notebook, not on iPad)
- Update of help page for iPad
scorio - version 1.0.7 (04.04.2011)
- Texts and text headings
- Enter a lyricist or poet
- Apply button added in chords, lyrics, and text dialog to directly display changes in the score
- Clicked syllable is selected in lyrics dialog
- Accidentals are adapted to key signature when moving note
scorio - version 1.0.6 (08.03.2011)
- Chord symbols such as Amaj7 or Fdim.
- Help for entering chords.
- Lead-Sheet templates for blues.
- New longa and brevis duration.
- Menus close on mouse out.
scorio - version 1.0.5 (21.02.2011)
- Volta brackets
- Toolbar menus open on mouse over.
- Artikulation moved to toolbar menu.
- Bugfix: Playback of multitrack scores on iPad.
scorio - version 1.0.4 (03.02.2011)
- First version for iPad: Adds support for chord note input, MusicXML import is not supported.
- Repeats and other special bar lines
- New time signatures added: 3/2, 4/2, 5/2, 6/2.
scorio - version 1.0.3 (17.01.2011)
- Export score as Lilypond (*.ly) file (File => Export Lilypond).
- New score templates (File => New Score)
- PDF scores are not opened in editor window, but depending on browser in a new tab or new window.
scorio - version 1.0.2 (13.12.2010)
- Support for lyrics with multiple stanzas. Lyrics dialog can be opened via menu or by clicking a syllable.
- Lyrics added to sample scores
- Cancel dialog with escape, accept with return key (except lyrics dialog).
- Fixed bug when saving imported score.
scorio - version 1.0.1 (29.11.2010)
- MusicXML (*.xml) and zipped MusicXML (*.mxl) import. One voice is imported for each staff. Only notation elements that can be edited are imported.
- A score is now played from a selected note / rest or for a selected region. If there is no selection, the complete score is played.
- A selected note is changed into a rest when selecting a rest in the tool box. Changing a rest into a note is not possible, since a rest does not have pitch information.
- When saving a new score, title and composer are suggested as score name.
scorio - version 1.0.0 (11.11.2010)
- Create a new score
- Score templates: Single Staff, Piano Solo, Organ, Piano and Voice, Piano and two Voices, String Quartet
- Open user's own scores
- Search and open other users' scores (via search page)
- Save score
- Save score as
- Export score as PDF
- Publish score with Creative Commons Licence 2.0 (by default, a score is only visible to it's owner)
- Take back publication
- Delete score
- Edit composer and title
- Insert notes and rests by left-clicking in the score or by using the mouse piano
- Take toolbar settings into account when inserting notes and rests
- Create chord or add to a chord by left-clicking above or below an existing note
- Move notes and rests by drag & drop
- Move notes and rests within a line by control-drag & drop
- Select by left-clicking
- Multi-select by left-clicking & dragging or by control-left-clicking
- Delete selected notes and rests
- Clear all selections and reset toolbar using the escape key
- Change selected clef
- Change global time signature
- Change global key
- Globally set upbeat
- Change accidental of a selected note
- Change duration of a selected note or rest
- Change dotting of selected note or rest
- Transform selected notes or rests into triplets
- Remove triplet property by selecting triplet bracket or number and deleting selection
- Articulation: staccato, tenuto, accent
- Set fermata on selected note
- Final bar line
- Tool tips with musical information for notes, rests, clefs, key signatures, time signatures, mouse piano keys and menus
Playing back scores
- Play back scores
- Stop play back
- Change play back tempo
Layout, navigation and update
- Automatic score layout with lilypond score engine
- Pagewise display of score
- Jump to a certain page
- Update score using refresh button
- Out-of-date note systems are dimmed by glass panel
- Update page by left-clicking on glass panel
- Undo and redo
- Inserted notes and rests are automatically selected after update
- Toolbar is updated according to selection